1. External Links
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Optiva to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
4. Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
5.The data we collect about you
We are committed to the online privacy of all its users. This policy statement is designed to give a clear explanation of Steel 4 Structures data processing practices.
We will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them. Examples of such information are:
Your email address
Your telephone number
The content of your CV
Any other information you provide on the Contact Us page
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type and we may share non-personal aggregate statistics (group data) about our website visitors’ traffic patterns with partners or other parties. However, we do not collect, sell or share any information about individual users.
6. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for users;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website;
• to contact you in order to send you information you have asked us to provide;
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
• Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
• If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
• Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
7. Data retention and Security
• Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
• We will also store any CV you upload for 12 months unless you become an employee in which case it will be kept as part of your employee records in accordance with our employee data retention policy. Details of our policy will be provided to you if you become an employee.
• To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
• Data Security
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
• Other Websites
The website may contain links to other sites which are outside our control and not covered by this policy. The operators of these sites may collect information from you that will be used by them in accordance with their policy, which may differ from ours.
8. Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data as follows:
• Request access to your personal data;
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you;
• Request erasure of your personal data;
• Object to processing of your personal data;
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data;
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party; or
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact email@example.com
Spencer Industrial Estate
Buckley, CH7 3LY